Time once again to look back upon the year and I'm happy to report it was, in the smooth crooning tones of Ol' Blue Eyes, indeed "a Very Good Year".
This year marked a first for me; for the majority of the year I worked almost exclusively on my own projects! It's a total dream come true and I'm very happy with the results, I hope someday this will be just a matter of fact.
A few highlights of the year:
- Going to Wizard Con in Toronto and hanging out with fellow Eisner Nom of 2010 Ken Nimura (I Kill Giants).
- Finished drawing the next Angora Napkin book!
- A road trip with Brenda to Ottawa and getting to couch surf and visit so many old friends.
- Seeing Metallica in Halifax.
- A 2 month summer Artist in Residence job in Summerside and getting a start on my next two major projects.
- Seeing my kids off to their first day of Kindergarten!
- Kate Beaton book signing in Halifax!
- Getting engaged!
- Christmas vacation sledding with my girls.
- The creation of Wine Club (Don't talk about Wine Club).
- Almost completing the colouring of the Angora Napkin book (10 pages to go)!
And while no year is ever 365 flawless I do my best to make the best of things. I'm truly grateful to have such a great family, friends and time in which to work on my art. I feel so lucky I could burst!
2012 is going to be exciting! Hopefully a new Angora Napkin book will drop and I'll be well into the next project. It's unlikely I'll be able to have another self indulgent year like this anytime soon - gotta find a good paying gig as I've got a wedding to plan!
See you next year!